Pour & Sip World Whisky Day Tasting Note Competition 2021 T&Cs
- PROMOTER: The promoter of this competition is Atom Supplies Limited (company number 03193057), trading as Pour & Sip (P&S), whose registered office is Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom.
- ELIGIBILITY: This competition is only open to individuals who are 18 years or older and resident of the United Kingdom. Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. The competition is not open to any employees (and their immediate family) of the promoter or any of its associated companies. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) at any time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, or any entry which, it believes has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct which may undermine the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
- ENTRY PERIOD: This competition opens at 12:00:00 BST on 10 May 2021 and closes at 23:59:59 BST on 17 May 2021.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, individuals must within the entry period post an original tasting note of a whisky in the comments section of the feed post referring to the competition on one of the Pour & Sip social media platforms (namely, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram). Only one entry is permitted per entrant across all named social media platforms.
- WINNER(S): There will be 1 prize for 1 winner. All eligible entries received within the entry period will be reviewed and judged by a selected panel at Ableforth's shortly after the entry period closes. The entrant with the best entry will be selected as the winner.
- THE PRIZE: The winner will win a bottle of alcoholic beverage at their choice which is made available for sale on the Pour & Sip membership store, including packaging and carriage. The prize is provided by the promoter and it is strictly non-negotiable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for any equivalent cash value, cash alternative, or for other items.
- UK SHIPPING ONLY: The prize can only be delivered to a valid United Kingdom address provided by the winner.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE: The name or social media username of the winner will be announced on the P&S social media channels as soon as practicable upon selection. The promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winners via email or by telephone as soon as practicable. If any winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 5 days of the promoter contacting them, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. The promoter cannot accept any responsibility if any winner is unable to take up the prize or fails to claim the prize within the time limit as set out above. The promoter may contact the winner and entrants for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the competition or subsequent competitions.
- ORIGINAL ENTRY CONTENT ONLY: Let’s be sensible, people. Any content submitted to the promoter, howsoever submitted, for the purposes of entering the competition must only be original material. By entering this competition, entrants warrant and undertake that their entry does not infringe any third party rights. Entrants agree to indemnify the promoter from and against any and all third party claims or liabilities relating to or arising out of the content submitted by them or their breach of any of these terms.
- ACCEPTABLE ENTRY CONTENT: All entry content must strictly comply with the P&S Acceptable Use Policy. In particular, any material which depicts, describes, encourages, endorses or normalises the excessive consumption of alcohol; the consumption of alcohol by those under the age of 25; anti-social behaviour (including any criminal activity) or irresponsible drinking (including rapid drinking); links the consumption of alcohol with popularity or other social success, bravado, technical skill, good fortune, the operation of vehicles or other machinery or therapeutic benefits; or which depicts the consumption of alcohol whilst potentially dangerous activities are being undertaken will be disqualified.
- ENTRY OWNERSHIP: By entering this competition, entrants agree that all right, title and interest in their entries will belong absolutely to the promoter. Entrants agree to irrevocably assign with full title guarantee and free from all third party rights, all intellectual property rights in and to any content s submitted with their entry. The promoter shall have the right to use, exploit, adapt and edit any content submitted (or part thereof) throughout the universe in perpetuity. By entering this competition, entrants waive all moral rights which they are or become entitled to under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (or any similar right or entitlement anywhere in the world). Entrants agree to sign any additional documentation which may be required to give effect to this paragraph.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner and their guest(s) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guests), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. Competition entrants' statutory rights are not affected.
GENERAL: All decisions relating to this competition will be made in the promoter’s absolute discretion and will be final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Should a social media channel be used for this competition, the promoter confirms that this competition is not sponsored or endorsed by the social media platform identified herein and said social media platform is in no way affiliated to or associated with the promoter. By entering this competition, users agree to release that social media channel from any and all liability related to this competition. These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
© 2021 Pour & Sip. All rights reserved.