Pour & Sip
In this Pour & Sip box, we’ve been treated to whisky from a whole range of countries, and also a whole range of grains! From Irish grain to Finnish rye, one thing they all have in common is heaps of flavour. Want to find out the rest? They’re right here!
Pour & Sip
- Starward Nova: This Australian whisky makes the most of the wonderful wine also produced Down Under, having been matured in casks which previously held Australian Shiraz, Pinot Noir and Cabernet. Lots of bold fruity notes to be enjoyed here!
- GlenAllachie 12 Year Old: A classic sherried whisky from Scotland's Speyside region, GlenAllachie matured this single malt in a combination of Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso casks, as well as virgin oak for its 12 years of ageing. Sherried fruits and spice balanced well with the more tropical notes from the virgin cask.
- Laphroaig 10 Year Old Cask Strength – Batch 012: A big, peaty Scotch here from Islay's Laphroaig, bottled without dilution straight from the cask at 60.1% ABV! Bourbon barrels have helped balance the savoury coastal and smoky notes in the 12th batch of the Cask Strength series.
- The ONE Orange Wine Cask Finished: The Lakes Distillery sourced orange wine (made by macerating Andalucían oranges) to season American oak casks, which were then used to finish its own blended whisky, The ONE! Tropical oaky notes and zesty orange work together in this unusual English whisky.
- WhistlePig 10 Year Old: While Vermont's WhistlePig is working on achieving a 100% grain-to-glass whisky, this 10 Year Old is made by blending its own spirit with rye from Canada, with the latter imparting a bold, spicy and slightly herbal flavour profile that's common in rye whiskies.
Pour & Sip
- Mackmyra Grönt Te: a Swedish single malt finished in casks seasoned with Oloroso sherry and green tea leaves.
- Bunnahabhain 12 Year Old: an unpeated, bourbon and sherry-matured Islay single malt.
- Balvenie 14 Year Old - The Week of Peat: an unusual smoky Speysider, distilled using Speyside peat!
- Legent Bourbon: East meets West in this spirit, a collaboration between America's Jim Beam and Japan's Suntory, finished in red wine and sherry casks.
- Teeling Brabazon Bottling Series 3: this fruity Irish whiskey has been matured exclusively in casks seasoned with Pedro Ximénez sherry.
Pour & Sip
- Cameronbridge 27 Year Old (That Boutique-y Whisky Company): a well-aged single grain whisky from the Scottish Lowlands, independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company.
- Glengoyne The Legacy Series Chapter Two: the second release from The Legacy Series, matured in first-fill bourbon and sherry casks alongside refill oak casks. Some bright tropical nuances to enjoy here!
- Nikka Taketsuru Pure Malt: a no-age-statement, roasty, toasty Japanese malt whisky made up of both peated and unpeated spirits, and matured in sherry casks.
- Uncle Nearest 1856 Premium Whiskey: a Tennessee whiskey with a mash bill of 84% corn along with a touch of rye, aged in new American oak barrels – a buttery, spicy delight.
- Highland Park Cask Strength: a smoky, floral Orkney whisky aged solely in sherry casks, bottled straight from the cask without any dilution at a generous 65% ABV.